There are certain qualities about each of us that, no matter how hard we try, we simply cannot change. We can’t change where we’re from, and we can’t change how tall we are, but thankfully, with modern orthodontics, we can change the look of our smile, and we can do so without the hassle and embarrassment of metal braces.
The orthodontic effect
We’ve all heard of the butterfly effect, in which a small change in one system can result in a large effect in a later state – the flutter of a butterfly’s wings can potentially cause a hurricane on the other side of the world. Your Lafayette dentists apply this same theory to orthodontics. What may seem like a small change, straightening your smile, will actually have drastic effects in all other areas of your life going forward.
- Appearance: First and foremost, the cosmetic benefits of straightening your teeth are obvious. A smile is one of the first things we notice about others, and a straight smile is much more attractive than a crooked one. An attractive smile is an indication of health, vitality, and happiness.
- Confidence: When your smile is attractive, you feel more attractive, and will have higher self-esteem. When your self-esteem is boosted, you will show off your smile more often, and will have the confidence to put yourself out there when you may not have before.
- Persona: With your beautiful new smile and this new-found air of confidence about you, you might notice that others will be drawn to you. When you are surer of yourself, others will find you more attractive, more intriguing, more intelligent, and more successful.
- Opportunity: Now that you’ve successfully altered the way that others perceive you, you might find new doors of opportunity opening in many aspects of your life. From personal relationships, to career opportunities, your smile is now working in your favor, instead of against you.
What are my options?
Your Lafayette dentists get it – metal braces can be equally, if not more embarrassing than crooked teeth. If you’ve decided that straightening your teeth is something you want to pursue, but can’t bear the thought of wearing traditional metal braces for a year, two years, or more, we want you to know that we have several short-term and invisible options for you to choose from.
Clear plastic aligner therapy has revolutionized the way we see orthodontics. Unsightly metal brackets and wires are a thing of the past. We can now effectively, and quickly straighten teeth while maintaining the aesthetic value of your natural smile through treatment. A series of clear, plastic aligners custom-made just for you, gently apply pressure and shift teeth into their desired position. We offer two short-term options for clear aligners:
- Red, White, & Blue® – 3 month program
- Simply Smiles® – 5 month program
A consultation with Dr. Muse or Dr. Moss will determine if you are a good candidate for short-term, clear aligner therapy, and which option is best for your individual needs and budget.
If you have any questions about the orthodontic treatment options we offer, or would like to schedule a consultation with your Lafayette dentists, Dr. Muse or Dr. Moss, please contact our office today at (337) 446-2397. We love helping our patients achieve a beautifully straight smile with our modern, invisible orthodontic options.