Get back your smile & your life with Full Mouth Reconstruction
Have you begun to think that your smile too far gone? Maybe you’ve been involved in an accident or experienced some sort of trauma to the mouth that has left your smile severely compromised. Maybe you are one of the millions of Americans suffering from dental anxiety, and neglect has you wondering if your smile is beyond repair. Maybe poor dietary and lifestyle habits have created a harsh, acidic environment that promotes rapid decay.
Whatever your unique situation, your Lafayette dentist wants you to know that you don’t have to throw in the towel just yet. We are highly skilled in a number of cosmetic and restorative treatments that can get your smile back to its beautiful, healthy, well-functioning condition.
What is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction – provided by your favorite dentist in Lafayette – is a broad term that can mean different things for different folks. Your individualized treatment plan will be created based on your current state of dental health, your outcome goals, and of course, your budget and time frame.
How long will Full Mouth Reconstruction take?
Full mouth reconstruction is a series or combination of procedures completed over a period of time. We wish there was a magic “new teeth” button we could press and have you taken care of in a single appointment, but unfortunately this kind of intensive dental work takes a little time, and usually requires any number of procedures performed over multiple appointments. Your time frame depends entirely on your individual needs.
Will I end up in dentures?
Many patients that require full mouth reconstruction worry that they will end up in dentures. While that may ultimately be true in severe cases, we try our best to work with and maintain any remaining healthy tooth structure and build from there.
What are my options?
If you are looking for a Lafayette dentist to help you rebuild your smile, you’ve come to the right place. We are highly skilled in providing our patients with the most advanced treatments in cosmetic and restorative dentistry on the market today. Some of the treatments you may require include:
- Bite analysis to determine if your bite alignment is off or your bite force is causing excessive clenching/grinding
- Tooth colored fillings, inlays, or onlays to treat and prevent decay, or replace old, unsightly, or failing metal fillings
- Gum treatments range from cosmetic changes to the gum line to treating gum disease and preventing recession
- Porcelain crowns protect teeth that are broken, cracked, chipped, or have had a root canal
- Porcelain bridges can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth
- Dental implants are tooth root replacements with unmatched stability – can serve as anchors for bridges or dentures
- Porcelain veneers are a beautiful cosmetic solution for teeth that are slightly misaligned, damaged, or discolored
- Orthodontics can correct alignment issues and bite problems
If you’re wondering if your smile is salvageable, your Lafayette dentists want you to know that we are here to help. If you’d like to know more about full mouth reconstruction, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (337) 446-2397, or request a consultation online to find out what we can do for you.